NCSoft - The Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum Mission Statement

Go down

Forum Mission Statement Empty Forum Mission Statement

Post by Admin Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:39 am

Hey All,

My name is Tommy Stamadianos and I am a dedicated, yet concerned, NCsoft fan. Personally, I am not that in tune with developments in the gaming industry, but my friends have told me many times that there are issues NCsoft faces as they proceed into the gaming future. I find this hard to believe, given the success of their previous games. They have been pioneers with games such as Lineage, Lineage 2, Guild Wars, and City of Heroes. They have some of the best game developers in the world, but despite all of this, my friends have told me to be concerned with what the gaming future will hold. They have informed me that issues like game diversification, globalization of the gaming environment, and social responsibility conducted by the company are fundamentally impacting how NCsoft conducts business. I don't know a whole lot about each topic, but I think I know generally what each issue encompasses because of all my gaming experience.

I know that diversification roughly includes how gaming is changing with regards to games that are being produced and being coveted in the marketplace, and how companies are trying to adjust to this. I know that globalization relates to how nowadays, compared to when my gaming career started, people from all across the world have exposure to the same games and that might have an affect on how games are developed and produced. I also know that there are a lot of negative perceptions about gaming and some of its side effects, and what companies do to give back to the community.

All these issues make sense to me, but I'm not exactly sure what they mean to NCsoft specifically. So, I have created this forum. I've created a thread for the overview of the company for people who don't have a great understanding of the company. I've also created threads to discuss the issues that I mentioned earlier, so people with more insight and knowledge can give me a better idea of the ways the company can address these threats. Lastly, I made a thread where I will give a roundup of all forum discussions and the analysis everyone contributed to.

Thanks everybody for participating, and for helping me understand NCsoft a bit more!!

Admin
Admin

https://ncsoft.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum